Sunday, April 12, 2015

Stanley Cup Playoffs 1st Round Predictions Eastern Conference

The Playoffs are here and before I dig deeper into the Caps and Islanders series I will give you my predictions for the 1st round of the playoffs. With the Caps and Islanders series included.





Eastern Conference:

Atlantic Division:

1. Montreal Canadians vs. 4. Ottawa Senators

My Prediction: Montreal in 7

Why: 
The Senators have played very well down the stretch and I believe that they will give the Canadians everything they want in the series. However, I believe Carey Price will be the difference when it matters the most. Should be a great series.


2. Tampa Bay Lightning vs. 3. Detroit Red Wings

My Prediction: Tampa Bay in 6

Why: I'm not very impressed with the way the Red Wings are playing going into the playoffs. I like Ben Bishop to steal a game or two and Tampa has a good mix of scorers and can play a fast game. I look for Steven Stamkos to make a difference for the Bolts.


Metropolitan Division:

1. New York Rangers vs. 4. Pittsburgh Penguins

My Prediction: Rangers in 5

Why: The Pens are not playing well and have a lot of injuries on the back end. The Rangers are going to keep coming and coming at the defensive corp. Yes, the Pens have Crosby and Malkin but the Rangers are deep on all four lines and a healthy Henrik Lundqvist.


2. Washington Capitals vs. 3. New York Islanders

My Prediction: Caps in 6

Why: The Caps in my opinion have the advantage because Braden Holtby has the ability to steal games. The Islanders are tough but I think the Caps can play a heavy game. (Will dig deeper with my series preview tomorrow)



No comments:

Post a Comment