Friday, August 8, 2014

What will the Caps Lineup Look Like?

  Training Camp is about a month away and it will be a very exciting time at Kettler. With the additions of Matt Niskanen and Brooks Orpik the Caps sured up what was their biggest weakness a year ago. However if the team stays the way it is right now, what will the lineup be like? I have heard that GMBM is involved in trade talks. However, that doesn't mean anything will happen.







  So, let me give you my projected lineup if the roster stays the same going into opening night.

Forward Lines:

Fehr-Backstrom-Ovechkin

Johansson-Kuznetzov-Brouwer

Chimera-Laich-Ward

Burakovsky-Beagle-Wilson

Extras:

Brown
Volpatti


  My forward lines are difficult to do because from what I am hearing Barry Trotz really likes Andre Burakovsky and I think there is a chance he makes the roster. However, I won't be shocked to see him start on the fourth line and work is way up. Marcus Johansson better play well or his spot maybe in jeopardy. As for my third line, if Brooks Laich is back it will be a very good grind line. Last thing, I feel Eric Fehr can be a great first line wing like Mike Knuble was in 2010.








Defense Pairings and Goalies:


Orpik-Carlson

Alzner-Niskanen

Orlov-Green

G Holtby-Peters

Extras:

Hillen
Erskine


  Now the defense pairings I think will change during the course of the preseason while Barry Trotz finds the right combonations. Now there is a chance Mike Green plays with Brooks Orpik because Green has not had a good partner for the last few seasons. The Caps definitely spent money this offseason and we will see where Mike Green fits or if the rumors of him being dealt are true. I like the addition of Justin Peters to backup up starter Braden Holtby. With a stronger defense corp, Holts can have a bounce back year.


Final Thought:

  We will have a better idea of what the lineup will be like in the preseason. This team has a lot of bodies and a lot of questions going into this season. One thing that is for sure, Barry Trotz has many options with his lineup. It will be fun to watch.




No comments:

Post a Comment