Friday, August 29, 2014

Caps Top 10 Prospects: #3 Jakub Vrana

 With the #13 pick in the first round of the NHL Draft the Washington Capitals select sniper Jakub Vrana. After I heard the Caps draft Vrana I was not too trilled. Then I saw him during one of the rookie scrimmages and I changed my mind quick. Yes, he is small but he has a great scoring touch. The knock on him was that he was not much of a two-way player. However, when I saw him play he caused turnovers in the neutral zone and would lead odd man rushes on the other end. I came away quite impressed with his total package.







My Thought:

 After what I saw I believe it will still take Vrana time to make the jump into the NHL. In fact it will probably take 3 to 4 years but at this point I believe the Caps can wait for his development. I see Vrana being a second line sniper capable of 30 goal seasons, maybe even more. It will be interesting to see how he looks next summer in rookie camp.




Vrana Shootout Goal during Development Camp:





 #15 Vrana World Junior Highlights: 


No comments:

Post a Comment