Friday, August 1, 2014

Caps Top 10 Prospects: #10 Travis Boyd

   Maybe this time a year ago not many people thought that Travis Boyd was going to be a Top 10 prospect. However, the Hopkins, MN native had a break out year for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Boyd would score 9 goals and 23 assists in 41 games, which was a huge improvement from the 14 points in 40 games his Sophomore year.







    I didn't think that Boyd was a Top 10 prospect until I saw him at Development Camp a month ago. The improvement he has made definitely stands out. What is impressive his he put up good numbers for someone who at times was a third line center for U. of Minnesota. I believe he will be best to go back and have a big season for the Gophers this fall.

Final Thought:

 I believe Travis Boyd has the chance to be a NHL player, however I do believe it still might take some time for him to make the Caps roster. He should be able to compete for time with the Hershey Bears in 2015-2016. Eventually I think he can be a 3rd line center for an NHL team.



Travis Boyd Goal (0:42):




No comments:

Post a Comment