Friday, August 8, 2014

Caps Top 10 Prospects: #8 Riley Barber

  Riley Barber has shown over the last two years at Miami University that he is a true leader. So much so that he was named captain of the 2013 US World Junior Championship team. This past year Barber who will be going into his Jr. season at Miami scored 44 points in 38 games. While some people thought he could become a pro this year, Barber decided to go back to Miami to try to get them back to the NCAA playoffs.







    I have seen Barber at the last couple Development Camps and I believe he has a major up side. While he is a year away from being pro I believe in two years he will jump into a Top 6 role with the Hershey Bears. I think if he makes the Caps roster he can go as high as a second line RW. I do believe for his size he is a strong skater, and has good strength.

Final Thought:

   Next season you will want to watch Miami U. Barber should be a top line player, and should be one of the teams captains. I expect him to put up good numbers and sign his entry-level contract by the end of the season.




Barber #44 Assist (0:44):



No comments:

Post a Comment