Thursday, May 14, 2015

Postgame Recap: Rangers 2 Caps 1 OT (NYR win series 4-3)

 The Caps played with everything they had last night, and in overtime were applying the pressure. However, the puck would find it's way to Derek Stephan and he would send the Rangers back to the Eastern Conference Finals. Here is the highlights.


Caps/Rangers Game 7:




My Thoughts:

*Braden Holtby was great, he did everything he can. He had no chance on the overtime winner. However, I think this season has put Holts on the map.

*Alex Ovechkin played his heart out, he scored the Caps only goal. I know all the media will be after him but the truth is he came to play last night.

*The young guys got a lot better this season. Evgeny Kuznetsov and Andre Burakovsky did some very good things in last night's game.

*Mike Green had a rough night, taking two penalties and one that lead to the tying goal. I'm not sure what will happen this offseason but I am not sure he is resigned by the Caps.

*This game was their for the taking and it will be a long offseason, however with Barry Trotz there is plenty to look forward to. This one stings no doubt but Brian McClellan will need to make a few changes this summer to make the team even better.

*This team again played hard all season and were able to get back to the playoffs after a very bad season the season before. It hurts now, but for the first time in a long time I feel like there is a plan for this team.

*The Hershey Bears also lost in OT 5-4 to Hartford, the Bears now trail that series 3-2. I will keep you updated on that series.

*Overall I enjoyed blogging this season about the Caps, it didn't end well but that's life in sports. The trill of a Game 7 win at home, followed by a hard fought heartbreaker on the road to the best team in hockey. It was a roller coaster. I don't care about what people say I love my team and I will be there next October when they start a new season. Till then I wish the boys a good summer, hopefully they get some good time in with their families and are ready to go back at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment