Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Look Back at the Caps 2014-2015 Season

 So it's been a couple of weeks since the Caps season ended in the hands of the New York Rangers. While others are fighting for a spot in the Stanley Cup Finals the Caps sit and try to regroup. First before we get into the offseason which I will do in a future post I will give my thoughts on the season.






  My overall thought on the season now that I have had some time to think it over is a positive one. In my opinion Barry Trotz is starting to change the culture and the way the Caps played with heart and never gave up was something great. It didn't turn out the way we all hoped but tons of positives came from it.
  First, the Caps have a number one goalie for the future in Braden Holtby. Holts was great all season and in the playoffs. He is a RFA this offseason but Brian McClellan will give him a nice payday. Also, the emergence of Evgeny Kuznetsov and Andre Burakovsky in the playoffs gives the Caps a couple good young forwards.
  Most importantly is the maturation of Alex Ovechkin who had in my opinion the best all around season of his career. Even in the Game 7 loss to the Rangers OV was playing his tail off and you really can't blame anyone.
  Overall I feel optimistic about the direction this team is going in. This will be an important offseason has their a lot of guys that need to be either resigned or let go. I will touch on all that later on. However, this season was full of great moments and tough defeat. I will say one thing, the Caps don't need to hang their heads after this Game 7 loss. With that we are now here at the offseason as the Caps embark on rebuilding and reloading for yet another run to the playoffs in 2015-2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment