Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pregame Notes: Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers

 So we are almost there! Just two more preseason games and one week are between us and the Caps season opener against Montreal. First things first though the Flyers are in town for the teams second meeting in the preseason. Here is who is expected to play tonight.


Forwards:

8 Alex Ovechkin
16 Eric Fehr
19 Nicklas Backstrom
21 Brooks Laich
24 Kris Newbury
42 Joel Ward
65 Andre Burakovsky
67 Chris Brown
79 Nathan Walker
87 Liam O'Brein
90 Marcus Johansson
92 Evgeny Kuznetsov

Defense and Goalies:

2 Matt Niskanen
27 Karl Alzner
38 Jack Hillen
44 Brooks Orpik
61 Steve Olesky
74 John Carlson

35 Justin Peters
31 Philip Grubauer


Pregame Notes:

* Justin Peters is expected to start and play the entire game from what I read on Twitter a couple days ago. 

*I am interested to see Liam O'Brein again, I have been very impressed with his work ethic. Not sure still if he makes the team but he is making his case with every game he plays.

*Again we are no closer to a second line center as I have not been too impressed with Marcus Johansson and Evgeny Kuznetsov this preseason. I have been happy with what I've seen from Andre Burakovsky, I think he makes this team. However, expectations need to stay level because he is still very young and needs to develop some more.

*Hopefully a better lineup tonight will mean a better result after the Caps were embarrassed in Buffalo. In my opinion the Caps will have better defense pairings then last night as Orpik and Niskanen are in tonight.

*Eric Fehr should get another crack on the top line which I have wanted to see. I feel like he can be another Mike Knuble. Fehr, showed last season that he can be a valuable player up and down the lineup.

*The game will be televised on CSN at 7 p.m

No comments:

Post a Comment