Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Caps have their Roster for Opening Night

 Yesterday the Caps announced their final roster for the beginning of the 2014-2015 season. First thing is that 4 players are on IR. Jay Beagle and Tom Wilson are on IR, and Aaron Volpatti and Dmitri Orlov were placed on long term IR. So this is what the lineup might look like for the first month or so of the season till the other players get healthy.


Ovechkin-Backstrom-Fehr
Johansson-Burakovsky-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
O'Brien-Kuznetsov-Brown

Extras:
Latta

Defense:

Orpik-Carlson
Alzner-Niskanen
Schmidt-Green

Extras:
Erskine, Hillen

Goalies:

Holtby-Peters

My Thought:

   I am happy with the opening night roster. I believe that Chris Brown, Michael Latta, Liam O'Brien, and Nate Schmidt we all guys who were surprises but they all earned their spots to start the season with the big club while some guys get healthy. I do believe that playing Kuznetsov on the 4th line will not last very long. I like the 3rd line I said before I'm very happy to have Brooks Laich as a center, he will fit very well with Ward and Chimera.
  So, it all starts tomorrow night as the Caps open up their 40th season in franchise history. The Montreal Canadians are coming into town to take the Caps on. I think it will be the start of a fun season for the Caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment