Friday, October 3, 2014

Postgame Recap: Caps 3 Flyers 2 SO

Caps/Flyers Highlights:






My Thoughts:

*After last night I think Andre Burakovsky is locked in at the second line center spot. His goal was beautiful and he beat an NHL goalie in Steve Mason. In my opinion he looks better and better with each game he plays in.

*For the first time in the preseason I saw Evgeny Kuznetsov play with some energy and jump. He had a few chances and got the winner in the shootout.

*Justin Peters played the whole game and I thought did very well. I don't really blame the two goals on him really.

*I did think that at times the Caps spent way too much in their own zone, but they showed character in the comeback.

*The penalty kill did very well last night, especially in overtime when they had to kill off a John Carlson interference penalty.

*Eric Fehr I thought had a great night, he played a solid two way game. Playing well on defense while getting some chances offensively and did well on the PK.

*He didn't play a lot but I still liked what I saw from Liam O'Brien, he is not under contract however I believe he should be rewarded with one. He has played well enough to at least play for the Bears. O'Brien had a couple nice hits and a great fight with Zac Ronaldo.


Next up: vs. Carolina Sunday Oct. 5, 3 p.m. CSN

No comments:

Post a Comment