Sunday, September 21, 2014

Postgame Recap: Caps 1 Sabres 0

  The Caps began their preseason tonight against the Buffalo Sabres, and behind Pheonix Copley and Braden Holtby they were able to shutout the visitors from up north. The only goal in the game came at the 13:14 mark of the first period when Jason Chimera found Andre Burakovsky who fired a wrist shot to the top corner. That would prove to be all the Caps would need to get their first win of the 2014 preseason.






 My Thoughts:
 
   First I thought the guys were a little rusty at times with their passing being off, however that is understandable for a first preseason game. Andre Burakovsky had a nice bounce back performance after not having a great game in the rookie game. I liked him centering Ward and Chimera. There was one scary moment as Alex Ovechkin hustled to beat out an icing call and fell into the boards and left the game. I do believe he is fine but I will keep posted on his status.
   Overall the effort was good, Brooks Laich looked to have his skating legs tonight which is a good sign for us Caps fans.



Up Next: at. Philadelphia Tom. 7 p.m CSN

  The boys are back the ice tomorrow as I'm sure there will be another group on the ice tomorrow. I will post the lineup when I get word on who will take the trip to Philly.


No comments:

Post a Comment