Thursday, September 4, 2014

Caps Top 10 Prospects: #1 Evgeny Kuznetsov

  The Caps took Evgeny Kuznetsov with the #26 pick in the 2010 draft. Many people thought he was a top 5 talent but the fact he was playing in Russia made his draft stock drop. After he was picked I remember going to rookie camp and watching this guy just light up every scrimmage. Finally, at the end of last season Kuz would make his NHL debut. He would get his feet wet with 3 goals and 6 assists in 17 games.












My Thought:
  This guy is a star in the making. I truly believe he will be in the running for the Calder Trophy this season. I believe he will be on the Caps second line either at wing or center. The exciting thing is that he is finally here in the NHL. It was a long wait but I think it will be worth it. He has a rare skill set, he can score and can set up teammates. Once he gets completely acclimated to the NHL game I believe he will flourish. I can't wait to finally seen him in a full season with the Caps.





Evgeny Kuznetsov first goal:




Kuznetsov to Wilson Goal:






No comments:

Post a Comment