Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pregame Notes: Washington Capitals at. Montreal Canadians

 The Caps are in Montreal for their third of seven preseason games leading into the regular season. The game once again is not televised so tomorrow I will probably not have highlights but I will do my best. So here is the lineup for tonight's game based on the morning skate.


Forwards:

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Chimera-Burakovsky-Williams
Vrana-Roy-Brown
Collins-Stephenson-Galiev

Defense and Goalie:

Carlson-Orlov
Stanton-Chorney
Carrick-Siegenthaler

Holtby
Ellis


Other Notes:

*I am not sure what the defense pairing will look like but these will be the six defensemen that play tonight. I for one am interested to see how Jonas Siegenthaler will do tonight. Drafted in the second round this year and looks to be a good prospect.

*I am also interested to see if Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Oshie can continue to build their chemistry together. I thought they played well on Monday and I want to see if they can continue that.

*Barry Trotz said the Derek Roy and Chandler Stephenson are in a battle to make a roster spot at center. Roy played very well Monday and I didn't see Stephenson in Boston because they weren't on TV. So that will be a battle to watch for as we go on.

*Braden Holtby will start tonight, not sure if Dan Ellis will come in again midway through or if Holtby gets the whole game.

*I want to also see if Jakub Vrana can do something tonight. On Monday Vrana had a few chances and should have scored. He has good speed and hands but just want to see him continue his development.

*Connor Carrick needs to have a better night tonight then Monday. I believe he took three penalties, he needs to play well to work his way up the defensive depth chart.

*Dmitry Orlov looked good the other night for not playing in a hockey game for 18 or so months. I hope Barry Trotz gives him 20 or more minutes to get him into shape because he can be a difference maker this season if healthy.

*Overall it is the third preseason game, I want to see the boys have a good night so they can start building towards the regular season.


Gametime 7:30 p.m and is not on TV

No comments:

Post a Comment