Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pregame Notes: Washington Capitals at. Toronto Maple Leafs

 The Caps are in looking to win their second in a row as they head to the Air Canada Centre to take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. With the Caps flying into Toronto last night I will just make a few notes on what to what tonight.


What to Watch:

*With it being the second of back to back games I expect we will see Justin Peters in net tonight. Peters hasn't played in a while because this is the first back to back in a couple of weeks.

*I will be interested to see if Brooks Laich will play again, if he does then he has shown the coaches that he truly ready to be back in the lineup and that he survived last night's game.

*I was very happy to see Evgeny Kuznetsov break out last night, I hope that he is given a chance to play on the second line for a extended period of time. Hopefully last night gave him some confidence.

*Andre Burakovsky scored on a powerplay, even though he is on the 4th line but I think playing with Brooks Laich might help the young kid learn a couple things.

*Jack Hillen has played well in Mike Green's absence and I expect Green to be out a little longer.

*I will be busy today, with the Caps not having a morning skate I suggest going on Twitter about a half hour before faceoff and look up Alex Prewitt who covers the Caps for the Washington Post. He will have their lineup.

*Gametime 7 p.m. on CSN

No comments:

Post a Comment